1 Hannah’s bakery sourdough bread
120g of raisins
120ml of brandy (optional)
3 tbsp butter at room temperature (extra for dish greasing)
95g caster sugar
300ml whipping cream
65g brown sugar – for topping
Whipped cream and fresh berries to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 180o C (350o F)
2. Soak raisins in brandy and put aside for 15 minutes
3. Butter an oval baking dish. Slice a Hannah’s sourdough bread and cut each slice in half or at an angle. Spread bread with butter and arrange in the dish.
4. Drain raisins, retaining the brandy. Scatter with raisins and set aside.
5. To make the custard, beat the eggs and sugar together in an electric mixer (or hand held beater) and mix until the sugar has almost dissolved and the mixture is pale and creamy.
6. Beat in the cream, milk and the brandy from the raisins. Pour over pudding and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and bake in oven for about 40 minutes or until custard is set.
7. Remove from oven and serve with fresh cream and fruit.